When: July 24, 2008; from 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Where: Newton Marriott, Newton, MA
Speaker: Eric Enge, Partner, Stone Temple Consulting
Cost: Free to SEMNE Members and $49 for non-members
Anyone who is a student of SEO is very familiar with the notion that getting links to your site will help your search engine rankings. In fact, it is one of the most powerful factors in search engine ranking. SEOs have used many different approaches to obtain these links. These include reciprocal links, buying links, and earning links through great content.
The first part of the presentation will talk about techniques to avoid, and why. The second part will focus on the types of link building strategies you should use to build traffic to your web site. Since there are so many options, a key part of the discussion will focus on how you pick the type of strategy that is the best fit for your web site.
Mr. Enge has more than 30 years experience in the high technology market. His career began as a software engineer, but has focused on the field of search engine optimization (SEO) for the past 6 years. Mr. Enge is a frequent speaker at industry conferences about SEO and Web Analytics, and publishes articles frequently on both topics.Some of the places where Mr. Enge publishes include:
* Feature length articles on SEO.
* Mr. Enge blogs on a regular basis.
* Mr. Enge also writes articles for Search Engine Watch, which is one of the most respected sites in the SEO business.
* Mr. Enge is also a featured “SEW Expert” on Search Engine Watch, and publishes a weekly column there.
* 10 years (1986-1997) at Phoenix Technologies. 4 years running engineering and 6 years of general management. The company went public (NASDAQ: PTEC) in 1988.
* 5 years Biz Dev Consulting. Participated in a few M&As plus the IPO of XOOM.com.
* Co-Founder WhoDoWeKnow, LLC, responsible for M&A of two technology companies.